Friday, May 29, 2009

kicking off my blog

Blogs are quite strange to me. I've yet to figure out why so many people write about their pets, favorite toilet paper or many personal things that I consider... Well, personal. So, I'll try to avoid such silliness in this blog. I do have a great appreciation for food though, so you'll probably hear about interesting meals I have eaten from time to time. I'm in Chiang Mai, Thailand at present, so calling the blog eatstickyrice just makes sense. We eat a lot of it around here! Just this week I had a really wonderful meal of bamboo curry and sticky rice. Yummy!

In addition to cooking and eating, my primary hobby is photography. So, I'll likely share about that a lot here too. My current photo project is uploading a few thousand photos from Laos and Vietnam to my photoshelter site: http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/rickwaggoner